In rare cases, it's possible that the screen contrast can be too dark or too light to read. This can be corrected using the onboard setup menu, even if you can't read it.
- Hold the 1 and 3 buttons until you enter the setup menu. You will be able to tell because the LEDs over each button will change colors. Release 1 and 3
- Press the down arrow button repeatedly until the light over the button turns off. This will take many presses, around 20. This will get you to the Contrast menu item, which is always the last one in the list.
- If the screen is too light, press the Val + button repeatedly. If the contrast is adjusted way out of range, it could take 20, 30 or more presses to get the screen visible again
- If the screen is too dark, press the Val - button repeatedly. Again, this could take many button presses to get the screen visible.
- Once the screen is visible, press the Exit button twice to save and exit the setup menu.
If you can't get the screen to be visible at all, your PBC likely requires repair. Please open a helpdesk ticket to start the process.